Looking for something a little more exciting than boiled pasta to serve with a chicken entree, Greta Igl found inspiration and just-picked flavor in her herb garden. “I love using fresh herbs whenever possible, she says, “and I have plants tucked all around my yard in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.”
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook garlic in oil and butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Angel Hair Pasta in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p57
Reviews for Herbed Angel Hair Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review