- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water with 1 teaspoon sugar. Add milk, melted butter, eggs, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; place on a lightly floured surface. Divide into four portions. Roll each portion into a 14x6-in. rectangle. Combine softened butter and Italian seasoning; spread over dough.
- Score each rectangle widthwise at 2-in. intervals. Using marks as a guide, fold dough accordion-style back and forth along score lines. Cut folded dough into six 1-in. pieces. Place pieces cut side down in greased muffin cups. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Uncover and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before baking. Brush with egg white. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Herbed Dinner Rolls 1 in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p55
Reviews for Herbed Accordian Dinner Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review