Herbal Salt Substitute
“For those of us who have been told to cut back on salt, this all-around handy blend can give herbal zest to any meal,” shares Lorna Wall in Ottawa, Canada. Or put in decorative shakers and use as thoughtful holiday stocking stuffers!
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 1/2 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 teaspoon equals 5 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.