Herb Vinegar Recipe
This is a creative way us use up herbs from an herb garden. The vinegar can be used to marinate meat or in salad dressings.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, optional
- 12 to 18 inches fresh oregano, basil or tarragon sprigs
- 1-1/4 cups white vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1. If desired, cut garlic in half and skewer with a toothpick. Place in a glass jar or bottle. Add oregano; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a simmer (do not boil). Carefully pour into containers. Let cool to room temperature.
- 2. Remove garlic after 24 hours. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to a year. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Reviews for Herb Vinegar
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2010
"THIS IS THE RECIPE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR, FOR A LONG TIME!! QUESTION IS, IF I DO NOT HAVE FRESH ONLY DRIED HERBS, HOW MUCH DO I USE?"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC