This is a creative way us use up herbs from an herb garden. The vinegar can be used to marinate meat or in salad dressings.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, optional
- 12 to 18 inches fresh oregano, basil or tarragon sprigs
- 1-1/4 cups white vinegar or white wine vinegar
- If desired, cut garlic in half and skewer with a toothpick. Place in
- a glass jar or bottle. Add oregano; set aside. In a small saucepan,
- bring vinegar to a simmer (do not boil). Carefully pour into
- containers. Let cool to room temperature.
- Remove garlic after 24 hours. Cover and store in a cool dry place for
- up to a year. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.