Herb Vegetable Orzo Salad Recipe
The chilled salad our Test Kitchen tossed together is an ideal warm-weather refresher. Golden corn, grape tomatoes and fresh basil bring the very best of summer to the table. Subtly salty olives add an interesting contrast to the other sun-sweetened veggies
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large serving bowl; add the corn, red pepper, tomatoes, olives, onion, basil and parsley.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Herb Vegetable Orzo Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC