Herb Vegetable Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large serving bowl; add the corn, red pepper, tomatoes, olives, onion, basil and parsley.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Herb Vegetable Orzo Salad
Sort By :
Good recipe, but I think it lacked a little flavor. I subbed 1/2 tsp. of lemon pepper for the salt and pepper in the recipe. It wasn't enough, especially after chilling, so I added about half a tsp. more and shook in a little more salt. I used Greek Kalamata olives because they have a stronger flavor than the regular black olives in the can, white balsamic vinegar, and chopped red onion. The fresh basil gave it a nice fresh flavor. Maybe I'll add some fresh oregano next time since I grow it in my garden too. My husband liked this recipe and it was very welcome on a 100+ degree day.
Love this! I've made it several times.
Awesome. Wouldn't change a thing.
Delish-it's a great side dish and a lovely cool main dish in hot weather.
This salad is delicious for the summer! I omit olives and use about 3 times the tomatoes called for. The salad comes out wonderful every time and is a great way to use up a bunch of tomatoes.
More Recipe Collections
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Salads >