Herb Vegetable Medley Recipe
This pretty Herb Vegetable Medley is dressed for company or a special at-home dinner with flecks of basil and thyme. It makes the perfect side for grilled chicken, fish or almost any entree! Taryn Kuebelbeck – Plymouth, MN
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen waxed beans, green beans and carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1. Place vegetables and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 9-11 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Drain vegetables; drizzle with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 58 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC