Herb-Swirled Rolls Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame and/or poppy seeds
- 1. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Sprinkle with chives, parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 2. Place cut side down in greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Combine egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll: 133 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Herb-Swirled Rolls
"I made these rolls for Thanksgiving. My Mom always makes home made bread for Thanksgiving. She is away taking care of my sick brother this year, and therefore was unable to make her bread. I made these instead, and they were a hit. Thanks for the simple and delicious recipe."