Herb-Swirled Rolls Recipe
These rolls make an elegant accent to any meal. They also freeze well or can be made ahead of time and heated just before serving. —Lois Gallup Edwards, Woodland, California
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame and/or poppy seeds
- 1. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Sprinkle with chives, parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 2. Place cut side down in greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Combine egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll equals 133 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC