- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame and/or poppy seeds
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Sprinkle with chives, parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place cut side down in greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Combine egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Herb-Swirled Rolls in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p47
Reviews for Herb-Swirled Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2009