- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame and/or poppy seeds
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Sprinkle with chives, parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place cut side down in greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Combine egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Herb-Swirled Rolls in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p47
Reviews for Herb-Swirled Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2016
"Too much herb."
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2009