Herb-Stuffed Roasted Cornish Hens Recipe
If you're looking to add a touch of elegance to your dinner table, we suggest these moist Cornish game hens. A blend of sage, lemon, onion and garlic give this entree outstanding flavor. —Taste of Home Cooking School
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 4 lemon wedges
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Gently lift skin from hen breasts and place sage leaves under skin. Place lemon wedges and a third of the onions in the cavities. Tuck wings under hens; tie legs together. Place in a small greased roasting pan.
- 2. Combine butter, oil, lemon juice and garlic; spoon half of mixture over hens. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake 30 minutes. Add potatoes and remaining onions to pan. Brush hens with remaining butter mixture. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender.
- 4. Remove hens to a serving platter. Stir potatoes and onions to coat with pan drippings. Serve with hens. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC