Herb-Stuffed Red Peppers Recipe
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds. Place peppers cut side down on a microwave-safe plate; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, parsley, salt, cayenne and allspice.
- In a small saucepan, bring tomato sauce and broth to a boil. Stir in the vinegar, basil and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; stir about 1/2 cup sauce into rice mixture. Spoon into peppers. Place in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until peppers are tender. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herb-Stuffed Red Peppers(15)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe. Loved the flavors in this!
These were soooo good! Even my picky eater loved it! This is now a regular dish at my home! Thank you so much!!!
I have had stuffed green bell peppers and was never too fond of the. I like red peppers better so I thought I'd try this recipe. Dang these are good! I doubled the sauce to serve on the side. I used half Parmesan and half Romano cheese. The sauce is wonderful! They are even better the next day.
I used buckwheat groats instead of the brown rice and they were still yummy!
best recipe I have found for stuffed peppers.
Hard to find recipes for 2 people
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >