Herb Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute celery leaves and onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until soft. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, 1/3 cup broth and seasonings; mix well. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing into each pocket. Secure with string or toothpicks.
- 2. Melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chops on both sides. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; pour remaining broth over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove string or toothpicks before serving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 477 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1436mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Herb Stuffed Pork Chops
"This recipe works perfectly using my electric skillet with lid. I brown the chops and finish the cooking with one pan. Hubby and all 4 girls love this!"
"It was just stuffing in a pork chop. It seemed a bit dry."
"Loved this recipe! Thanks so much! I will definitely be making this more often. I also baked mine in the same pan I browned the meat in. Husband gave it a big thumbs up!!!"
"I look forward to making this for the next 50 years! Thank you for this delicious recipe!"
"This smells so good! I used gluten free coating on the chops before browning. Boxed stuffing mix in the chops as a short-cut, (and because my dh loves that stuff!)"
"These were great! My family loved them! I doubled the recipe and made four chops and 4x's the stuffing. Also, for the stuffing I used 1/2 Pepperidge Farm stuffing and 1/2 old bread! It was so good! This will definitely be a staple in my kitchen!"
"Wonderful! The entire family loved it! I made my own dry bread crumbs added dried cranberries and used chopped celery. The celery gave it a crunch I love. Chopped very small. Served with cinnamon and brown sugar apples! Yum! Of course I doubled all!"
"One of the best stuffed chop recipes I've tried/tasted! Will add to my recipe box for family favorites!"
"My family really enjoyed these pork chops, definitely making them again!"
"This was absolutely amazingly mouth watering. I loved these pork chops. Would so make them again."
"This was absolutely delightful. Our guest even asked to take the leftovers home! I will make it again and again."
"Made it after work one night, doubled it for 4 pork chops, and had it with rice and a green salad. My family absolutely loved it! so this one is a keeper!Michelle Gregoire, Manitoba, Canada"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer