Herb Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 1. In a skillet, saute celery leaves and onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until soft. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, 1/3 cup broth and seasonings; mix well. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing into each pocket. Secure with string or toothpicks.
- 2. Melt remaining butter in a skillet. Brown the chops on both sides. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; pour remaining broth over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-5- minutes or until juices run clear. Remove string or toothpicks before serving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 477 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,436 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Herb Stuffed Pork Chops
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer