- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute celery leaves and onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until soft. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, 1/3 cup broth and seasonings; mix well. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing into each pocket. Secure with string or toothpicks.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chops on both sides. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; pour remaining broth over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove string or toothpicks before serving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Herb Stuffed Pork Chops
"This recipe works perfectly using my electric skillet with lid. I brown the chops and finish the cooking with one pan. Hubby and all 4 girls love this!"
"It was just stuffing in a pork chop. It seemed a bit dry."
"Loved this recipe! Thanks so much! I will definitely be making this more often. I also baked mine in the same pan I browned the meat in. Husband gave it a big thumbs up!!!"
"I look forward to making this for the next 50 years! Thank you for this delicious recipe!"
"This smells so good! I used gluten free coating on the chops before browning. Boxed stuffing mix in the chops as a short-cut, (and because my dh loves that stuff!)"
"These were great! My family loved them! I doubled the recipe and made four chops and 4x's the stuffing. Also, for the stuffing I used 1/2 Pepperidge Farm stuffing and 1/2 old bread! It was so good! This will definitely be a staple in my kitchen!"
"Wonderful! The entire family loved it! I made my own dry bread crumbs added dried cranberries and used chopped celery. The celery gave it a crunch I love. Chopped very small. Served with cinnamon and brown sugar apples! Yum! Of course I doubled all!"
"One of the best stuffed chop recipes I've tried/tasted! Will add to my recipe box for family favorites!"