Herb Stuffed Chops Recipe
"Guests will think you stayed home all day when you serve these tender stuffed chops," promises Diane Seeger of New Springfield, Ohio. "I often share this recipe with new brides because I know it will become one of their favorites."
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 bone-in pork rib or loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the bread cubes, parsley, milk, fennel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing into each pocket. Combine the remaining salt and pepper; rub over chops.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour wine over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Herb Stuffed Chops
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC