Herb Stuffed Chops Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 bone-in pork rib or loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the bread cubes, parsley, milk, fennel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing into each pocket. Combine the remaining salt and pepper; rub over chops.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour wine over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herb Stuffed Chops
Sort By :
Great recipe. Next time I won't use the fennel seed just a person preference. Will substitute sage next time.
We didnt like it
DELICIOUS! My husband and one of his co-workers loved this one