Herb Spread for French Bread Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread herb spread on cut sides.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings (1/2 cup spread).
1/2 cup: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Herb Spread for French Bread
"This spread tastes as great as it looks & smells. My whole family loved it and we all agreed that we have to make it more often!"
"This spread tastes as great as it looks & smells. My whole family loves it! We all agreed we need to make it more often."