Herb Spread for French Bread Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread herb spread on cut sides.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings (1/2 cup spread).
1/2 cup: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Herb Spread for French Bread
"This spread tastes as great as it looks & smells. My whole family loved it and we all agreed that we have to make it more often!"
"This spread tastes as great as it looks & smells. My whole family loves it! We all agreed we need to make it more often."