Herb Spread for French Bread Recipe
Instead of regular garlic bread, my family requests this spread. The flavor is best when I use parsley and basil fresh from the garden. —Jennie Wilburn, Long Creek, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread herb spread on cut sides.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings (1/2 cup spread).
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 143 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC