Instead of regular garlic bread, my family requests this spread. The flavor is best when I use parsley and basil fresh from the garden. —Jennie Wilburn, Long Creek, Oregon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (1 pound)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread herb spread on cut sides.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings (1/2 cup spread).
Originally published as Herb Spread for French Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p103
Reviews for Herb Spread for French Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review