Flavored with sausage and cheese, these savory drop biscuits from Marion Lowery make a nice accompaniment to almost any meal. "The leftovers are great for breakfast-warm in the microwave in the morning when everyone is on the run," suggests the Medford, Oregon baker.
Recommended: 20 Slider Recipes
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, oregano, onion and cilantro. Whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in sausage.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 14 biscuits.
Originally published as Herb Sausage Biscuits in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p62
Reviews for Herb Sausage Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2009
"My husband and I love these biscuits!"