Herb Rubbed Tuscan Pork Roast Recipe
A handful of ingredients are all you need for this memorable entree. Treated to an herbed rub the night before, the pork needs little prep work before your dinner party. "I've had so many compliments on how moist this roast is," says Diane Toomey of Methuen, Massachusetts.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + standing YIELD:10 servings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over pork roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let meat stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork equals 229 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC