A handful of ingredients are all you need for this memorable entree. Treated to an herbed rub the night before, the pork needs little prep work before your dinner party. "I've had so many compliments on how moist this roast is," says Diane Toomey of Methuen, Massachusetts.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over pork roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let meat stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tuscan Pork Roast in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p13
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herb Rubbed Tuscan Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review