Herb-Rubbed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.