Herb-Rubbed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 190 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat
Reviews for Herb-Rubbed Pork Roast
"I only gave it 4 stars because I did'nt have sage. I grow my own herbs and the rain we have had lately was too much for the poor little guys. Next time it will get 5 stars"
"I use this on pork chops, not a roast, and I sprinkle it on top rather than rub it in, and because I use it on individual chops, it cooks much faster, but this recipe has become one of our frequently used stand-by recipes, because we all love it."
"I used the seasons on pork rib meat....scrumptious!"
"Best flavor ever!"
"This recipe is excellent! Everyone in my extended family enjoyed this addition to our holiday meal."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.