Herb-Rubbed Pork Loin
A savory herb ruband a mere 15 minutes prep timeturns plain pork roast into an easy, elegant entree.Robin Schloesser, Chester, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons each minced fresh marjoram, rosemary, sage and thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (4 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 1 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, herbs, salt and pepper; rub over
- pork. Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Pour
- water into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork equals 198 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or