Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, marjoram, sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush both sides of pork chops with 1 teaspoon oil; rub with herb mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm. Add broth and sherry or additional broth to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve chops with pan juices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 221 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops
"Was a hit!"
"This was OK. I may not make it again simply because there are a lot of pork chop recipes that I like better."
"We use this herb rub on chicken, and it's fabulous!"
"We didn't like this! And was very disappointed as it sounds good. The meat was tough and the flavor strange. I won't be making it again."
"Very tasty and I like how it presented on the plate. Will definitely make again."
"The flavor was wonderful!!"
"Did I do something wrong? My family did not like this at all. We had to throw it out. So disappointing."
"THE NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR THIS RECIPE SRE GREAT! GOOD JOB! IT ACTUALLY TASTED GREAT TOO!"
"dinner turned out GREAT tonight! The pork chops were flavorful and moist. My husband said it was the best pork chop he's ever had."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.