Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 pounds)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 2. Place turkey breast on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan. Spoon some of the butter mixture over the top. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°, basting often with butter mixture.
- 3. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1/3 pound: 104 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
"Very tasty! I made this in my crock pot by just adding 2T of water to the other liquids, dumping everything in the crock pot instead of on the stove, and cooking on low for 8 hours. I did thicken the gravy on the stove at the end. Great results!"
"This looks like it has possibilities but I'd like to know if anyone has prepared it it a crockpot. I hope to get an answer ASAP. Thanks."
"What a great recipe for 2 people! Tender, juicy & super easy!"
"[quote user="semmer1"]I really would like to try this recipe, Can you put it in a slow cooker??? Thanks I hope you answer ASAP...I useing a bonelsess 3lb turkey breast.. [/quote] Absolutely!"
"I really would like to try this recipe, Can you put it in a slow cooker??? Thanks I hope you answer ASAP...I useing a bonelsess 3lb turkey breast.."
"This is a keeper! I drizzled the cooked juices over mashed potatoes - wow! This butter mixture would be a great marinade for roasted potatoes all by itself! Very pleased!"