Herb Roasted Squash
Herbs are stirred into butter, then spread on bread; it gives this grilled cheese great flavor. You'll love this twist on a traditional favorite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with
- oil and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-15 minutes or
- until lightly browned and tender, stirring once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 63 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.