Here's a simple to fix side that is perfect for a festive dinner. It looks beautiful with any entree. Roasting brings out the vegetables' natural sweetness.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound kohlrabi, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 large shallots, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place first seven ingredients in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Combine oil, pepper and salt; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Divide mixture between two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans; arrange herb sprigs over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Herb Roasted Root Vegetables in Country Woman December/January 2013, p54
Reviews for Herb Roasted Root Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2015
"Good combination of vegetables and the herbs were perfect."