My husband grows herbs, and we use whatever’s in season. Our favorite blend is oregano, rosemary and basil, but we suggest trying parsley, dill and mint, too. — Jennifer Larison, Tucson, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms
- 5 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut mushrooms into quarters; place in a large bowl. Add oil, herbs,
- salt and pepper; toss to combine. Place on two 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with vinegar; toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 104 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.