- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Herb-Roasted Game Hens
Sort By :
"This actually cooked for about 2 hours, not 50 minutes. Used 2 game hens totally 2.5 pounds. Very good!"
"I actually have the issue this came from, and it's 20 OUNCES each."
"I agree -- a TWENTY POUND GAME HEN? Really? Does the recipe work for say a TWO POUND GAME HEN? Seriously -- sounds delicious and I'm about to try it!"
"a 20 pound game hen?"