These golden Cornish hens, shown at right, are seasoned with basil, sage and thyme for plenty of flavor. They're simple to prepare yet make any occasion seem special. For a fast finish, serve corn bread stuffing and chunky cinnamon applesauce...or roasted cubed potatoes with pepper and carrots plus instant chocolate pudding for dessert.
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herb-Roasted Game Hens in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p46
Reviews for Herb-Roasted Game Hens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review