- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 16-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herb Rice in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p49
Reviews for Herb Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2014
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2011
"Served as a side dish to Baked Herb Catfish. It was a nice seasoned rice and was really good with the drippings from the baked fish. I did add 2 Tbsp lemon juice to the rice once it was cooked. Will be marking this as a favorite."