Herb Rice Recipe
“Here’s a recipe that makes a delicious side for busy weeknight meals or a fun last-minute gift idea,” says Lexington, South Carolina’s Sam Prichard. “I layer the dry ingredients in a pint mason jar, cover the seal with a cute fabric square, then tuck instructions under the bow!”
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 16-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herb Rice in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p49
Reviews for Herb Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2014
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2011
"Served as a side dish to Baked Herb Catfish. It was a nice seasoned rice and was really good with the drippings from the baked fish. I did add 2 Tbsp lemon juice to the rice once it was cooked. Will be marking this as a favorite."