Herb Quick Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 147 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Herb Quick Bread
"This recipe was easy to adapt to our tastes. I substituted an italian herb blend for the nutmeg and caraway seeds. It tasted like a giant bread stick. Very good."
"I came across this recipe while searching for another recipe that I failed to save after the first time I made it. This IS now saved!!To mrsvalgal and others - the herbs in this bread can be added to, subtracted from, multiplied and divided!! Use your imagination!!! Just don't mess with the sugar, salt or baking powder!!Happy baking everyone!!Now, my search continues---"
"Very easy to make but just didn't quite hit the mark for me and my family. Adding jam helped but in the end I had to throw half of it away."
"This bread had a wonderful texture and was flavorful. But it was much sweeter than we cared for."