Herb Quick Bread Recipe
This simple loaf is especially good with soups and stews, but slices are also tasty alongside fresh, green salads. The herbs make it a flavorful treat any time of the year. -Donna Roberts of Shumway, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:14 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (14 slices).
1 slice equals 169 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC