This simple loaf is especially good with soups and stews, but slices are also tasty alongside fresh, green salads. The herbs make it a flavorful treat any time of the year. -Donna Roberts of Shumway, Illinois
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Herb Quick Bread in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p17
Reviews for Herb Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review