Take frozen bread dough to a new level when you try this good-for-you recipe.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen whole wheat bread dough
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place dough in an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Thaw according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, parsley, garlic, dill and salt. Brush dough with butter; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Parmesan Herb Loaf in Healthy Cooking
Reviews for Herb Parmesan Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2012
"Very tasty. Don't need any butter, the cheese and herbs are enough flavor. Great warm from the oven"