Herb-Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Herb-Mustard Chicken
"Ok, I don't like when people rate a recipe they haven't cooked...but what I can't stand even more is when they rate a recipe they obviously haven't even read. This recipe says nothing about basting the chicken with the marinade that it set in. It VERY CLEARLY tells you to RESERVE half a cup of the marinade BEFORE the chicken is added AND it says clearly to DISCARD the marinade that the chicken set in and to BASTE with the RESERVED marinade. OMG....read the recipes people!!!! And when giving an option for a different ingredient to use it doesn't have to be the same if it was the same you wouldn't need to list it. AND the recipe doesn't say anything about Italian DRESSING it says Italian SEASONING which is a similar ingredient to the one that it is replacing...they are both herbs/seasonings not a dry vs wet ingredient as the previous poster suggested."
"Stop rating without making first!!!"
"Sounds good--but where is the nutritional information?"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.