I like to keep dinner interesting at our house. So I'm constantly trying new recipes and asking the family to vote on them. One bite and you'll see why this was a "keeper".
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine
- ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for
- 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting with
- reserved marinade every 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.