Herb Muffin Mix Recipe
Tina Gyles of Barnesville, Ohio stirs together a dried herb mix to add savory flavor to whole wheat muffins. But the blend also can be used to season chicken, pork, fried potatoes or vegetable side dishes. "Use your imagination," she suggests.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 2 batches (about 1/4 cup total).
- 2. To prepare muffins: In a bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt and 2 tablespoons herb mix. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, honey, oil and lemon juice; stir into dry ingredients; just until moistened.
- 3. Fill greased muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 122 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Herb Muffin Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC