- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 2 batches (about 1/4 cup total).
- To prepare muffins: In a bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt and 2 tablespoons herb mix. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, honey, oil and lemon juice; stir into dry ingredients; just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Herb Muffin Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p46
Reviews for Herb Muffin Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review