Herb Mix for Rice Recipe
This flavorful herb mix for rice is a great recipe to mix ahead as a side with baked chicken or pork chops. Just increase or decrease the amount for the servings needed. —Arlene Haupt, Madison, Wisconsin
- 5 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1. In an airtight container, combine the first six ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- 2. To prepare rice: In a saucepan, bring water and 3 tablespoons herb mix to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 179 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 742 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC