This flavorful herb mix for rice is a great recipe to mix ahead as a side with baked chicken or pork chops. Just increase or decrease the amount for the servings needed. —Arlene Haupt, Madison, Wisconsin
- 5 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- In an airtight container, combine the first six ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- To prepare rice: In a saucepan, bring water and 3 tablespoons herb mix to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herb Mix for Rice in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p43
Reviews for Herb Mix for Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review