- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (1/4 cup total).
- To prepare dipping oil: In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 4 teaspoons herb mix with water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds. Drain excess water. Transfer to a shallow serving plate; add oil and stir. Serve with bread. Yield: 1/2 cup per batch.
Reviews for Herb Mix for Dipping Oil
"This is the perfect blend of spices. I used only 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes though, thinking it would be too hot for the kids to enjoy. I also used vegetable oil, as I don't care for the taste of olive oil. We had Pumpernickel & Rye Bread at the time I made this but any bread would be good I think."
"I make up this mix evry time I make an italian dish I need bread to go with. The only I did different was used garlic salt in place of the dried minced garlic and then I omitted the salt. I also do not add the water to the seaason. I just mix it straight in with the olive oil and serve."
"This mix was good, we used less salt than called for."