Herb Mashed Potatoes
A blend of herbs and garlic makes this an extra-special side dish for the holidays. My family won't let me prepare mashed potatoes any other way.
Stephanie McKinnon, Salt Lake City, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or
- until tender; drain.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add the remaining
- ingredients. Mash potatoes.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 218 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.