A blend of herbs and garlic makes this an extra-special side dish for the holidays. My family won't let me prepare mashed potatoes any other way. —Stephanie McKinnon, Salt Lake City, Utah
Featured In: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 6-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Mash potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p16
Reviews for Herb Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
"Rather bland and not as flavourful or creamy as it would be if you simply used herb and garlic cream cheese."