Herb Marinated Lamb Chops
I also use the flavor marinade from this recipe on pork chops with equally delicious results. Janet Briggs
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 New Zealand lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
Make a holiday feast guests will love with pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb.
Learn More >
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine or broth, soy
- sauce, mint, basil, pepper and garlic; add the lamb chops. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill lamb, uncovered, over medium heat
- or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should
- read 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.