Herb Marinated Lamb Chops Recipe
I also use the flavor marinade from this recipe on pork chops with equally delicious results. —Janet Briggs
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine or broth, soy sauce, mint, basil, pepper and garlic; add the lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill lamb, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should read 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Herb Marinated Lamb Chops
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2011
"This marinade is beautiful! I also add just a bit of lemon juice, about one teaspoon. I don't have lamb chops with out marinating them with this recipe!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC