- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in the sugar, butter, parsley, basil, salt, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-6 minutes. Place in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into loaf. Place in a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Herb Loaf(2)
Sort By :
My daughter and I were on a "roll" this Sunday. I wanted to try something nice , but not the white bread. Something to go with home made chicken and noodle dumplings. I added some different herbs I prefer and garlic powder. I really do not like to make bread. I was hesitant. But this bread had a great rise and so easy to work with. If you are trying a home made loaf of bread the first time, THIS is the one. And how heavenly it smells baking!! Thanks for such a great recipe.
Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe. This was the first ever bread I have baked and it came out beautiful! I can't stay out of the kitchen now...
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >