Herb-Happy Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 French bread baguette
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. Cut baguette crosswise in half; cut each piece lengthwise in half. Spread cut sides with butter mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly toasted. Sprinkle with goat cheese; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until goat cheese is softened. Cut into slices. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 169 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Happy Garlic Bread
"This is great....I usualy dont use the goat cheese and I add alittle extra garlic :-)"
"I was leery of this recipe...I wasn't sure how the goat cheese would blend with the other flavors. Oh my goodness!!! This was so good!! I made half without the goat cheese and half with...my whole family preferred the half with goat cheese. But without...it was still really good! I will definitely make this again!"