Herb-Glazed Turkey Recipe
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Brush turkey with oil; tie the drumsticks together. Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle evenly over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the honey, corn syrup, butter, rosemary, sage, basil and remaining salt and pepper. Brush over turkey. Bake 2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting frequently with pan drippings.
- 3. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 serving (1 pound) equals 570 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 197 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 56 g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Glazed Turkey
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer