"Everyone who tastes this savory bread wants the recipe," reports Juanita Patterson, Quartzsite, Arizona. "With its mild garlic seasoning, slices of it are excellent with spaghetti, chili, stew or soup," she assures.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Herb Garlic Loaf in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p33
Reviews for Herb Garlic Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review