Herb Garden Vegetables
I have a garden and wanted to highlight all the vegetables and herbs I grow. This medley was the perfect way to do just that. —Julie Stella, Champlin, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienned zucchini
- 3/4 cup julienned yellow summer squash
- 3/4 teaspoon each minced fresh rosemary, sage, basil and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook beans and peas in oil for 3
- minutes. Add the zucchini, squash, herbs and pepper flakes; cook and
- stir 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: about 1 cup equals 146 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.