Herb Garden Vegetables Recipe
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienned zucchini
- 3/4 cup julienned yellow summer squash
- 3/4 teaspoon each minced fresh rosemary, sage, basil and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook beans and peas in oil for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, squash, herbs and pepper flakes; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 146 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Reviews for Herb Garden Vegetables
"I might change my choices of cheese next time but this is an excellent start. Thank you"