I have a garden and wanted to highlight all the vegetables and herbs I grow. This medley was the perfect way to do just that. —Julie Stella, Champlin, Minnesota
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienned zucchini
- 3/4 cup julienned yellow summer squash
- 3/4 teaspoon each minced fresh rosemary, sage, basil and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook beans and peas in oil for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, squash, herbs and pepper flakes; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herb Garden Vegetables in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p57
Reviews for Herb Garden Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 22, 2012
"I might change my choices of cheese next time but this is an excellent start. Thank you"