Herb Fryer Chicken Recipe
"We use our grill all year long," says Charlene Sylvia of Sandy, Utah. "Our boys love this chicken, and it's a hit with company, too." To really bring out the lemon flavor, Charlene suggests piercing the chicken skin before marinating.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 35 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, parsley, onion, garlic, lemon peel, thyme, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning every 15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC