- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Combine flour, yeast, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 tablespoon rosemary, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons oil; beat 1 minute (dough will be very sticky).
- Divide dough among 18 greased muffin cups. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together remaining seasonings and oil just until herbs are fragrant and oil is hot, about 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- Gently spoon cooled herb mixture over each roll. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Herb Focaccia Rolls
"These are so easy! Very tasty! Nice chewy texture and soft texture in the middle. I did have to use dried herbs but turned out well."
"More like a biscuit than a yeast roll. I think I'll stick to my tried and true focaccia recipe that benefits from the kneading process."
"5 star recipe!!! Easy to make and very delicious !!!!"
"Outstanding! Incredibly delicious. Absolutely love these rolls."
"SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I used fresh rosemary from my backyard and dried thyme. I used my KitchenAid with paddle, but am tempted to give mixing by hand a try. I missed adding the salt to the topping so I will rewrite the recipe so I don't miss it next time. It might not be necessary, but it might make them even more divine."
"Excellent. I also used my KitchenAid dough hook. Can't wait to make again, I will say, the top was too salty, I will cut the amount of salt used in the oil spread."
"These are so easy! Perfect size for a ladies' luncheon or people who don't want too much bread."
"These are amazingly good and so easy to stir up. I used the dough hook on my KitchenAid and it worked beautifully. I grow my own herbs and this made the rolls special for me.."